6.01.2012

Lately


Why, hello there. It's been a little quiet around here lately, but I haven't disappeared. Truthfully? I just haven't felt called to write in this space. Life feels so full and satisfying these days: quiet mornings with a mug of coconut milk coffee, days at lululemon spent goal coaching and dreaming up community events, hours on my yoga mat, and long meandering hikes on the many nearby trails. My evenings consist of a simple dinner, a walk down Pearl Street, and perhaps a glass of wine enjoyed on the rooftop deck before falling into bed with the latest issue of Sunset or Whole Living. I feel good, tired, and intensely grateful. Sometimes days go by that I don't flip open my laptop. I just feel too inspired to be out there in the world, soaking it all in.

Tonight, Jason met me after work for an impromptu date night. We went to the newly opened organic vegan cafe, Native Foods. I'd already eaten lunch there twice this week with co-workers and absolutely loved both the Crunchy Kale Salad and the Sesame Kale Macro Bowl. (Yes, I have a thing for kale.) Tonight, I tried the roasted chile taco trio and a side of sweet potato fries (above) and topped it all off with a big glass of pure, unsweetened watermelon juice. Mmm...so good. One of the things I love about Boulder is that it's super easy to eat healthily, even while dining out. After a long day at work, a homemade meal isn't always in the cards, so it's nice to have options.

I'll leave you with a couple things that I've been enjoying lately.

Mary Beth LaRue's musings

Ladies of Castor & Pollux (via Heidi Swanson)

Madelyn Mulvaney on creativity

These Things I've Learned in 30 Years ...she is just my favorite

Justin's Maple Almond Butter (based in Boulder!)

Let My People Go Surfing

What are you loving these days?

xox

Instagram photo by me


 

1 comment:

Lakshmi said...

Inspiring! Your day sounds perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails